Sunday, October 11, 2009

I popped a ball...

I am in the worst shape of my life right now. I have trouble with finding motivation to go to the gym and work out. I recently weighed myself and I'm at a cool 185, which is the most I have ever weighed and is about 15 pounds heavier than I'd like to weigh. I also need to start eating better. My Dad has better cholesterol than me right now and I am pretty sure it won't bode well for me if I don't do something to attempt to change this for myself. I would love to magically find the motivation to go the gym but realistically that isn't going to happen.
I decided that push ups can be a useful tool for getting in shape because they are free and the can be done almost anywhere. After searching the web for a little while, I came across a workout called the 100 Push Up Challenge. It's a six week program and the goal is to be able to do 100 push ups in a row by the end of the six weeks. I figured that I can do this and keep everyone updated on how I'm doing and get in better shape all at the same time. Go me.
The first thing that has to be done is to evaluate how many push ups you can do in order to see how what track you are supposed to follow in order to get the most out of the program. There is a nifty little graph there that has this graph on it, plus other stuff, but this is the only part that involves me. My prediction is that I will be in Rank 3 but I could surprise myself.
<40 years old
0-5 - Rank 1
6-14 - Rank 2
15-29 - Rank 3
30-49 - Rank 4
50-99 - Rank 5
100-149 - Rank 6
150 & above - Rank 7
Looking at the program a little further and I'm not sure what the above chart has to do with the program because it says that if I can do more than 20 push ups in a row I should move directly to week 3. I'm kind of confused and it's really late so I'm going to wang it. Werd.
Just tested things out and I did 2o push ups in a row and it lowered my 'Amount of Awesome I am' scale from a 72 to 53. I thought I was going to do better than that I think mentally I stopped at 20 so I could start week 1. I was out of breath following my 20 push ups, which confirms the fact that I am terribly out of shape for right now. Six weeks from now I might be man-jacked though. Now I'm tired though, good night. First workout of week 1 is on Monday.
I know this sounds pretty douche-ish, but bear with me. Which reminds me: This is your What-A-Douche Moment and it has been brought to you by What-A-Burger.
Weight - 185.5
Max at the end - 20
Amount of Awesome I am(Scale of 1-100) - 53

No comments: