Monday, October 12, 2009

I popped a ball... (week 1, Day 1)

Week 1 starts today and man, am I pumped. I already weighed myself today and it appears that I have lost 3 pounds so far. It's most likely water weight or something because I have not done anything to really change that from two days ago.
Another thing to note is that I was scooting around the Brad about half an hour ago and I fell and maybe hurt my shoulder. This could be a problem because shoulders are a main part of doing push ups. It's really funny to me because I haven't even started doing anything yet and I am already building up my excuses. Boy am I good at doing that.
I'm going to get down to business now though. Because on Saturday I did 20 push ups I am working on column 3 of the work out. It looks something like this:
Set 1 : 10
Set 2 : 12
Set 3 : 7
Set 4 : 7
Set 5 : Max(at least 9)
Also, on the fist day, you take 60 second rests between sets. I'm going to do the work now and come back and write more about the work in a second.
It was definitely harder to do than I thought it would be. It's hard to stop yourself at 10 on the first try and start doing it again after resting for sixty seconds. Not impossible by any means, but I feel that I am definitely going to have to push myself harder than I thought I might have to to complete this workout plan. My shoulder also tightened up after the first set, which makes sense but I was not counting on. I hope it feels 100% tomorrow. I am intrigued to see what day 2 brings me on Wednesday.
My max on Set 5 was 10. I once again thought I was going to do better, but I do have my built in excuses. At least I beat the 9 that I had to do.
The AoAIA meter did go down from a 53 to a 24 which is not a good thing, but it is likely to go up in the near future. That is a good thing. It went down because I failed to meet personal expectations and I ate it on the scooter very soon before the workout today. It would of went lower, but I decided not to skip my workout today.
An interesting trend to look at is that all three of the statistics I decided to keep went down from Saturday until today. The weight went down from 185.5 to 182.5, the max push ups went from 20 to 10, and the AoAIA meter went from a 53 to a 24. If I had to make predictions for the rest of the workout, I would guess the weight would stay anywhere from 178.5 to 186.0 the entire workout. I would also guess the max push ups will steadily increase, and the AoAIA meter will fluctuate greatly thoughout this process.
Weight - 182.5
Max at the end - 10
Amount of Awesome I am(Scale of 1-100) - 24

No comments: