Friday, October 16, 2009

I popped a ball... (Week 1, Day 3)

Push up time again and it feels good to keep this up consistently. Hopefully I will see improvements in my strength and body shape by the end of this. Also, I was thinking about why I was keeping track of these workouts online for everyone to see and I realized that if I were to do it this way I would be able to keep myself accountable. If this works I might start to keep track of other stuff on here, like running or schoolwork or something.
The workout for today is:
Set 1 : 11
Set 2 : 15
Set 3 : 9
Set 4 : 9
Set 5 : Max (at least 13)
There is a 120 second rest between sets. We'll see how that affects the workout.
With the two minutes rest periods there was very little exhaustion that I noticed during the workout. I am a little tired now but that is most likely because of the fifth set max that I did. It automatically takes a lot out of you to push yourself to the edge of what you can do, even at the end of a mediocre workout. Right now, I do feel my arms and shoulders trying to recover from the workout. I think that is a good sign. I did improve my max push ups at the end of the workout from a 16 to an 18, which is good steady improvement and I'm glad to see that happen.
My AoAIA meter is going from a 38 to a 42 today because the workout was pretty good today. Overall though, I'm in a pretty blah mood, so it's not going up too too much. I'm enjoying this right now and I hope the other things even out too.
Now I have two days of rest until my next workout. I'm excited for the beginning of week 2.
Weight - 181.5
Max at the end - 18
Amount of Awesome I am(Scale of 1-100) - 42

No comments: