Friday, August 6, 2010

बिग हैर

When the weather outside gets to be humid, as humid as it sometimes gets in the summer in Tallahassee, my hair gets big. I would consider my hair to be naturally wavy. Without humidity there is very little actual curl in my hair. When the humidity comes out to play, that's when little tufts of my hair starts to go into little curling frenzies. That's when I get ringlets in my hair and when my hair starts to get big. My hair, unlike some people's, doesn't grow down on the sides. It likes to grow out in order to see how wide it can make my head look. I think there is a contest that it going on to see how far away the tips can get from each other.
Yesterday, in my thinking chamber, I was thinking of how I would describe my hair and instantly I knew it wouldn't be considered an afro from most people that saw it(which is disappointing because I would very much like to have a classic afro, although it probably wouldn't look as good on me as it does on my cousin, Russell). It is also pretty close to the traditional jewfro, but I think it is less curly and more big than that. I finally settled on calling my hair a "halfro"(pronounced: Half Fro) when it is out and about in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

David L said...

You're welcome?