Monday, March 23, 2009

SW.

Today in my Intro to Social Work class, we had a guest speaker from a place in Tallahassee called Lee's Place. Lee's Place is a place in Tallahassee that helps people cope with loss, whether it be from death or divorceor many other issues that could result in someone losing someone. We've had other guest speakers from all different aspects of the Social Work profession, but none of those hit me like this one did. I was almost distracted during the presentation because everytime the guest speaker would bring up something, an example would appear in my head of a time that situation happened in my life. It was just a very interesting class for me because it caused me to think about all of the people I have lost in my life and all of the people that matter most in my life today. Overall, a very interesting Intro to Social Work class.

No comments: