Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Family is Awesome!

This is a copy of an e-mail I just opened from my Aunt Cheryl regarding my Grandma's birthday coming up next weekend. I'm super excited to spend time with them and here are some of the reason's why: I've added personal notes of explanation to explain some things.

Maureen’s 75th Birthday Bash!
9 days and counting to the family and friends fun weekend in honor of our wonderful mother, grandmother and friend!
We wanted to send each one of you some information regarding the schedule for the weekend and what to bring. So here goes…
Please be sure to bring:

Beach towel

Bath Towel Chances are I won't be showering for (most of) the weekend.

Lawn Chairs

Tents, Blankets and Pillows (if you have been informed that you or your children will potentially sleep in a tent) Positive I'm sleeping in a tent.

Bags Game or other outdoor game My family love competition, even if it's just friendly comp

Cooler

BYOB – those of legal age are to bring whatever alcohol they need for the weekend. Those under legal age – don’t even think about it. ☺I'm the last Grandkid to turn 21 until Ted (17), poor Ted, this was directed solely at him...
What’s on the Schedule:

Friday evening
o
Most family and guests are arriving – plan to eat Italian Beef Sandwiches at the Andersen Compound – casual evening

Saturday morning
o
Breakfast – each cottage will have their own light breakfast
o
Family 5K – because Steve’s Run is not scheduled until late July, we are doing our own. We would love for all family and friends to participate whether you can run like the wind or walk with a little one. The plan is to go up to the Yacht Club and back. Water station will be manned at the Yacht Club. Please bring your running shoes! Recipe for disaster. I guess I have to start training now...

Saturday afternoon
o
Lunch at the Andersen Compound – burgers, dogs and salads
o
Survivor/Amazing Race Competition – serious fun here. Mary and Mark are putting together a really fun challenge for us. Feel free to bring a funny hat or outfit that would bring some humor to the event. I know the grandkids will come through on this… If you do not wish to be on a team where you could use your athletic skills or problem solving skills, please let Mary know via e-mail as soon as possible. Once again need to start training. I think I'm expected to preform at a reasonably high level in this one...

Saturday evening
o
Dinner at the Andersen Compound – pulled chicken and pork and sides Yum.

Sunday morning
o
Brunch – each cottage will have their own brunch

Sunday evening
o
Maureen’s Birthday Bash – the band is scheduled to start playing at 7:00 pm EST. I hear there is going to be a magician this year...
o
Dinner – Mexican Fiesta
Finally, we will collect $60/adult for food, prizes, band, etc for the weekend. Please bring cash with you and give to Mary or Cheryl upon arrival.
We are really looking forward to a wonderful celebration in honor of Maureen. Pray for good weather and safe travels.
See you in just a few days!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

This makes me jealous. Basically, your family is awesome.

David L said...

Thank you. I love my family and our dynamics and how close we are. This is for my mom's side of the family. My dad's side of the family is equally large and everyone gets along about the same, but we're not as close. I considered myself truly blessed in this regard because I know a lot of people's families don't get along the way my family does. Sometimes my family holds me together.